#lecture #audio #society #relatability
The Dangers of Relatability, Absolutist Hope & Salvation
- The need for relatability; be it in media of all kinds from entertainment to art, news, celebrities and even in professions and associations -- is an enslaving consciousness-trap that the easily-induced, fragile ego falls prey to and, in their misled passions for representation, tremendous horrors and atrocities are permitted -- simply because they are relatable: be it in their depression, their sexual identity, their racial/ethnic identity, their religion, their temporary, fleeting populistic trend and the political activism that inevitably fades into oblivion, and ages like tattered cheese.
- The fluctuating pendulum of life demands that every creature experiences the to and fro/positive-negative motion of existence; This is why Absolutist hope in anything, including the teaching, as a form of salvation, is a religious-sectarian-rule-following enigma that ultimately destroys the actual essence of the teaching if it is carried out in such a rule-following manner.
- Absolutist hope in anything conjured by any human is not only foolish, but completely missing the fact that the positive-negative pendulum demands newness of ideas, even if it is hinged upon eternal rules (e.g., Universal-Consciousness' laws and recommendations)
- The need for relation is one of the easiest traps that many, even unconsciously, fall for. Paired with the need for an object, a thing, a person, an event etc., to be the determination of the success and happiness leads to enormous disappointment and unfulfillment.
- Relatability is inherently materialism at its finest; How can this be measured in a balance form?