PSI Lecture 20211024 Life is not all about learning
Download MP3 • 23.77MB
#lecture#audio#learning#lifeTopics: Life is NOT All About Learning: You cannot be a Student Forever- Contrary to popular belief, life is not all about learning -- for what good is it to learn everything in the world and have no practical application? Theoretical knowledge is useless without empirical application.
- You cannot be a student forever. At some point, you must graduate and go out and work.
- Meditation, work and experience are life's greatest teachers.
- An over-dependency is formed on the teacher, the guide, the book, the holy grail etc. when the student only lives as the student. The objective of life is to not only be a student, but a worker.
- Indeed, there is a time to study and learn, and venerate the honorable ones who have taught us, but never should this devolve into worship to such a degree that we cannot think for ourselves and push the mold.
- Smart-"dummies" can recite nearly everything they've learned and still not have the slightest clue what they're even talking about. We see this from bible students to those in academia, and even fanboyism of the spiritual teaching.
- The Universe/Creation itself teaches us not just through studying, but applying our knowledge and experiencing life and all its wonders.
- To live only behind a study book or guide is to live only half-alive.