#lecture #audio #psychology #guilt
Topics: Missed Opportunities; Self Guilt & How to Move Forward
- Things happen in life; be it the death of a loved one/family, and we can beat ourselves up/blame ourselves for what has happened. Perhaps in some cases, we could've done certain things better, but the most important part is to identify where you went wrong and help those in the here and now, including the living.
- The past, including looking into past lives, can bring up much self-guilt, self-disdain and self-conflict. In truth, this is a great opportunity to practice self-love, self-patience, self-tolerance and understanding.
- External care for others, as in, extending values of love, patience, understanding, tolerance, etc., can only come from if one practices these values first and foremost with themselves.
- Missed opportunities in life - whether that is of love, of career, of relationships, etc., should not be taken as some sort of defeat, rather, as an opportunity to find new opportunity. Many times things don't work out with certain avenues for the better. See the positive in the negative.
- To beat one's self up over the past is illogical and a waste of time. If there is a look into the past and that which was lost, then the human being should only use this as motivation to do better in the here and now.
- Self-guilt and self-hatred does not help a matter, nor does self-competition. These unvalues hurt the self and reflect onto others.